Orezone Gold Corporation (TSX.V: ORE, OTCQX: ORZCF) (the “Company” or “Orezone”) is pleased to announce initial results from its ongoing drilling program to test the expansion potential at the P17S deposit at its Bomboré Gold Project, located in Burkina Faso.
The drilling program has been very successful returning the best hole to date at P17S with several other wide, multigram gold intercepts near surface outside of the current reserves and resource envelopes (see Figure 1). These drill results intersected multiple high-grade stacked zones of mineralization to the north of the P17S reserves including a new wide, shallowly dipping zone with excellent down-plunge continuity (see Figure 2). This clearly demonstrates the potential to add significant high-grade resources commencing near surface at P17.
- 32 metres of 3.87 grams per tonne gold from 25 m including six m of 14.40 g/t gold from 34 m in BBD1066;
- 30 m of 2.76 g/t gold from 15 m including eight m at 5.50 g/t gold from 17 m in BBD1048;
- 22 m of 1.97 g/t gold from 24 m in BBD1052;
- 20 m of 1.54 g/t gold from 54 m in BBD1060;
- Seven m of 4.13 g/t gold from 35 m in BBD1062;
- Five m of 4.89 g/t gold from 54 m in BBD1062;
- Six m of 3.54 g/t gold from 39 m in BBD1055;
- 18 m of 1.70 g/t gold from 62 m in BBD1044;
- 14 m of 1.64 g/t gold from seven m in BBD1045;
- 9.5 m of 1.56 g/t gold from 12.5 m in BBD1046;
- 15 m of 1.40 g/t gold from 39 m in BBD1053;
- 12 m of 1.85 g/t gold from 177 m in BBD1055;
- 7.10 m of 2.64 g/t gold from 113 m in BBD1060;
- 3.5 m of 3.65 g/t gold from 176 m in BBD1057;
- 11 m of 2.14 g/t gold from 75 m in BBD1048.
Patrick Downey, president and chief executive officer, stated: “These results are very exciting and represent some of the best drill holes completed at Bombore. The intercepts are thick [and] near surface and show exceptional down-plunge continuity. With similar previous results at P17, we now have over 1.7 km of strike extent with multiple high-grade stacked zones and a very exciting target to expand these high-grade reserves and resources. We therefore plan to continue to drill along strike to establish the continuity of this untested gap between P17S and P17.”
For the full article please click the link below
IWA is a shareholder of Orezone Gold Corporation.
Statements which are not purely historical are forward-looking statements, including any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations, or intentions regarding the future. It is important to note that actual outcomes and the Company’s actual results could differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. Risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, economic, competitive, governmental, environmental, and technological factors that may affect the Company’s operations, markets, products, and prices. Readers should refer to the risk disclosures outlined in the Company’s Management Discussion and Analysis of its audited financial statements filed with the British Columbia Securities Commission.
NEITHER TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.